Treat Gum Disease with the Minimally Invasive LANAP® Procedure
Schedule Your Consultation Today! Gum disease treatments in Detroit, MI
Gum Disease and Your Health
Gum disease can have a significant impact on your health. Besides leading to tooth decay and gum infection, gum disease is associated with a number of health conditions including heart disease and some forms of cancer.
About Gum disease Treatment Offered in Detroit, MI
Gum disease can have a significant impact on your health. Besides leading to tooth decay and gum infection, gum disease is associated with a number of health conditions including heart disease and some forms of cancer. A very common cause of gum disease is bacteria under the gum line which causes gum infection and weakens the attachment between the tooth and the gum, making the tooth vulnerable to infection and decay.
How Does LANAP Work?
The LANAP® protocol involves six steps.
- The pockets between the teeth and the gum are measured.
- The disease-causing bacteria are removed using the PerioLase® MVP-7TM laser.
- The calculus buildup is removed using an ultra-sonic scaler.
- The laser is again used, this time to form a clot which forms a protective seal and protects the newly clean area from infection while healing.
- The tissue is pressed against the surface of the root to heal naturally, without sutures.
- A final adjustment is made to your bite to ensure that no trauma has occurred.
Treating gum disease in Southfield, MI is simpler than ever. LANAP® is minimally invasive and causes very little discomfort compared with other forms of gum surgery. This process is often completed in one appointment, allowing you to return to your regular routine almost immediately. Do not let gum infection reduce the quality of your life when its treatment is this convenient.
Dr. Joseph Nemeth is certified in treating gum disease in Southfield, MI with LANAP®,the first FDA-cleared laser protocol for treating gum infection and disease. If you would like to discuss your gum disease treatment options, contact Dr. Nemeth’s office to schedule a consultation today.
Have Additional Questions? Call Now: (248) 357-3100